This cheap little gem of a drone performs better than some selfie drones that cost hundreds of dollars. A new QC101 keeper. Get it while you can here at this current price https://goo.gl/bDXBYc
– Small, very compact, and easily transportable. About 2/3 the size of the other similar toy selfie drones.
– Comes in a nice camera case that holds the controller, quadcopter, and accessories.
– Easy to fly using a provided G sensor controller. Good steady flier with the controller to help produce relatively stable video.
– Nice LED lighting (white on front and red on back) enables easy night flying or orientation cues for pointing the camera.
– 720p HD FPV swivel lens camera records relatively good HD video and 2MP photos directly to your smartphone to enable easy sharing to social media. Real time in flight FPV video is also displayed in HD on your smartphone screen.
– Altitude hold and headless mode. Activating headless mode eases control for selfie photos and videos.
– Auto takeoff and auto landing is activated by pushing down on the control stick.
– Can be controlled either via its G sensor controller or its JJRC app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/Wt2QQk or iTunes here https://goo.gl/ke3nqZ
– Replaceable 3.7V 400mah battery gives close to 7 minutes flight time.
– Proprietary battery.
– Headless mode includes annoying beep when activated.
– None of the buttons are labeled on the controller. You’ll likely label them yourself like I did to keep track of their functions.
– No camera activation button on the controller. You’ll need to use the app to start/stop videos and take photos.
– Although I didn’t show an example, the camera has a “beauty mode” that records two photos when a picture is snapped. The first photo is an uncorrected photo, and the second photo is an automatically enhanced photo. This feature seems to be intended to enhance indoor low light photos. However, outdoor sunny day enhanced photos look washed out. As such, the samples shown in the video are of the original uncorrected photos.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.