Drove past a field that had a burnt out car in it – too good an opportunity to pass by and not try to get a shot with the drone…
All was fine – beautiful sunny morning around 8am and everything was smooth and drone was flying fine.
The image feed froze a couple of times as I went to circle around the car, but thinking I was closer to the wreck of the car I carried on as thought I was clear of the trees… sadly I wasn’t!
Drone hit the branches and came crashing down – sheer panic ensued as I raced across the field fearing the worst!
Long grass everywhere, and not knowing which tree/branch it hit I didn’t think I was going to find it.
Miraculously, 6 mins later there is was – sat upright on top of some damp, wet grass. All 4 props were broken/missing, but relieved that there didn’t appear to be any extensive damage, and the delicate camera gimble was still intact!
Got it back to the car, wiped off the dirt, replaced all the props, fired it up, and BOOM – back to the sky like a phoenix rising from the flames!
Checked everything – yaw, pitch, controls, camera, etc and all fine.
Soooo amazingly lucky, and just goes to show how robust these little things are!!
First crash, but lesson learnt!