Welcome back to the channel!
Today we take a look at the 5 things to consider before buying your first RC as a Beginner!
1:38 Electric, Petrol or Nitro?
5:55 Kit, ARTR or RTR?
8:49 Brushless or Brushed?
10:40 Lipo or Nimh?
14:14 Final Thoughts
So i recently did a poll and a lot of my subscribers and regular viewers have been asking for beginners guides or just RC guides in general covering many different topics or areas of RC.
I was considering doing an in depth RC guide but i think doing videos like this are more fun and hopefully less boring for you guys!
Today we cover some of the frequently asked questions by beginners and this video is aimed at beginners so you enthusiasts or pro’s out there feel free to skip this one as you will more than likely not learn anything.!!
If you are new to the hobby and have no clue where to start hopefully this video will give you an insight and some information you can take along with you in your RC journey.
There are so many options available to a beginner that it can become confusing and not knowing where to start will almost certainly mean beginners will end up getting frustrated and bored of this amazing hobby before they have given it a fair chance.
What was your first RC? When did you get into the RC hobby? Anything else to add?
Drop a comment down below!
Cheers guys and see you on the next one!
My RC Recommendations:
Top 5 Best RC For under $100
1) WLTOYS 144001 – https://uk.banggood.com/Wltoys-144001-1-or-14-2_4G-4WD-High-Speed-Racing-RC-Car-Vehicle-Models-60km-or-h-p-1564051.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1367205
2) WLTOYS 124019 – https://uk.banggood.com/Wltoys-124019-RTR-1-or-12-2_4G-4WD-60km-or-h-Metal-Chassis-RC-Car-Off-Road-Climbing-Truck-Vehicles-Models-Kids-Toys-p-1757187.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1367204
3) HBX 16889 – https://uk.banggood.com/HBX-16889-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-45km-or-h-Brushless-RC-Car-LED-Light-Electric-Off-Road-Truck-RTR-Model-p-1590319.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1367203
4) Hoonitruck SG1603 – https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=QUFFLUhqbExwRVFTdHZGZkdleWhubGFBNGZ4YTRPMlU1QXxBQ3Jtc0tuZnpIQWVodzhUS2ZIVzRuekRBb1JmQ0lxTUNpcmJFWTZiVFNOaFl3OTFiUG9oQ0RGeDlHcWFtNTM4aEtWNGRwNkZUOGFnb25oaUlndUtpNUowNDBPYjNhR2dQcUNxX29LcmNRQzBVZ09pYlVaRkFzaw%3D%3D&v=t-89bNqOgTI&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banggood.com%2FSG-1603-RTR-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-30km-or-h-RC-Car-LED-Light-Drift-On-Road-Proportional-Control-Vehicles-Model-p-1786893.html%3Futm_source%3DYoutube%26utm_medium%3Dcussku%26utm_campaign%3DbeyondRC%26utm_content%3Dzhikejian%26p%3DYR1421018341201201WH%26fbclid%3DIwAR3qk1rfY9xJ7-b1TdqSyMPGWatMzjabBoYn5aftnN3s7b2B67Rd_nJcFNc%26cur_warehouse%3DCN&event=video_description
5) Hoonicorn SG1604 – https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=QUFFLUhqbkt5VllCQm0wTUdLT1pTUEs5WFlNRVJIcnlQZ3xBQ3Jtc0ttYTZMZTREc08wUTNMeDNrQWJ5cEFleFFnR2FIMnVSb1JoWmY2YWplY3g0bURHaUdYLVZ5NlFvU1dYeGlXUFVNNTNueHhNYm4wcnc0NTk0d0RQN2x1UDdNdGtwcXpxUldTYWUzRGFVSGp5RUEycGJXSQ%3D%3D&v=t-89bNqOgTI&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banggood.com%2FSG-1604-RTR-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-30km-or-h-RC-Car-LED-Light-Drift-On-Road-Proportional-Control-Vehicles-Model-p-1786323.html%3Fp%3DYR1421018341201201WH%26custlinkid%3D1409226%3Futm_source%3DYoutube%26utm_medium%3Dcussku%26utm_campaign%3DbeyondRC%26utm_content%3Dzhikejian%26p%3DYR1421018341201201WH&event=video_description
Lipo Charger: https://uk.banggood.com/ToolkitRC-M8S-400W-18A-Color-Screen-Balance-Charger-Discharger-for-1-8S-Lipo-LiHV-Life-Lion-NiMh-Pb-Battery-p-1552170.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1375497
2s Lipo’s – https://uk.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-7_4V-5000mAh-45C-2S-Lipo-Battery-T-Plug-for-1-or-10-RC-Racing-Car-p-1548936.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1375503
3s Lipo’s – https://uk.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-11_1V-5000mAh-60C-3S-Lipo-Battery-XT60-Plug-For-RC-Quadcopter-Car-Airplane-p-1170982.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1375499
4s Lipo’s – https://uk.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-14_8V-5000mAh-60C-4S-Lipo-Battery-XT60-Plug-for-RC-Racing-Drone-p-1170983.html?p=YR1421018341201201WH&custlinkid=1375500
Thanks for watching guys and If you enjoyed this video as much as i enjoyed filming it then be sure to comment, like & Subscribe!
Be Sure to check out and follow beyondRC on Social Media!
Get your RC Decals here: https://www.instagram.com/cmvinyluk/
beyondRC © 2021
One for the RC beginners out there! What was your first RC? What got you into RC’s and when? 👍😎
My first was a used rustle, not the best beginner car.
My very first was a Losi Micro Desert Truck. Wish they would remake them, I love the size so much
Hi im a begginer and I was wondering if you could do a give away of any of your viecles
Great video mate and great advice, but I think you missed one point and that is where to buy your 1st rc, I would advise people new to rc to buy from local hobby shop and not buy from an overseas seller or any website if they can. The help and advice you can get from the shop you bought your rc from is very valuable.
My 1st rc was a grasshopper back in the day I loved that thing , I sold it recently and I’m regretting it. I owned many tamiya cars over the years and after a long break from rc, I’ve been getting back into the hobby I still love tamiya but they seem to be behind the times and expensive compared with other brands.
My first r/c was a Tamiya tao1 and another one in nitro when I was 16, I left the hobby for a wile and now I am 36 and came around the hobby again,( Tech gap) I get a bit confused when they say li-ion or lipo battery, are they the same ??
My first RC car was a nitro but I didn’t enjoy it fully cos of tuning.
Now I’d like to buy an electric one and I love the Typhon; my question to you is:
Will I get the 6s or the Mega brushed and build it up as I like?
Thanks for putting that great content up.
My first was a Tamiya Tnx Pro, nitro monster truck. Was supposed to be a present but the shop wouldn’t sell it her without me being there for a “lesson” 🤣
Always thought 1/10 RTR electric buggy/rally car is best to start with. 1/10 is a nice size and you can run a buggy anywhere. I went through a period of having nothing but touring cars great fun didn’t have anywhere to use them then lost interest for a few years. Now have a mix still got nowhere to run touring cars but I got a golf course for buggy bashing.
First and only rc car ….. Wltoys A959B.
Just get a Arrma Granite 3s
My grandson got a toy grade RC this past Christmas and it didn’t take long for this grandpa to get hooked. So far we have 2 Haiboxing 1/18 monster trucks and just got 2 Arrma Granite Megas. We also got about 2 feet of snow here in the northeast USA. Can’t wait for Spring. Thank you for posting so much info useful to us newbies. Also as an American it’s fun to learn U.K. English as a second language, LOL Subscribed and look forward to all your videos. Stay safe!
Nice video my guy
My first RC was a wltoys 144001. Still rocking that speedy boy and am now waiting for my Wpl C24 to arrive
i’ve been into RC as a child, ever since i saw my friend’s dad’s gas powered rc bolt down my street. now i’m old enough to buy myself these awesome toys. my first RC is th hbx 16889 brushed, 2nd is a arrma granite 4×4 mega. and i’m loving both, trying to break it all ready so i can fix and upgrade.
🚗 🚘 🥵
Not a beginner but a very good vid my man. One of my first rcs was the 6v jet turbo python from tyco back in the early 90s. Good memories and you’ve gained a new sub
My wife got me a Holyton 9205e for Christmas after I told her I wanted a toy for christmas as a joke. Little did we know that cheap rc car she got from amazon for my chrsitmas present would start a whole new venture for me and hahaha. I just got a new Losi 22s sct and I’m loving this RC hobbie