This video is a result of my one year long research and try-outs within production of durable and robust CF composite plate for FPV drone parts manufacturing.
I have pursued not only good strength property, but as well comparable and affordable low costs of end parts, that being produced.
As I have mentioned in series of Drone 101 short videos – biggest problem to get strong composite plate is to crate high bonding properties between CF and Epoxy resin. And I believe that latest version of drone arm made from Fully Woven CF composite is best solution to have strong yet inexpensive parts.
6 different type of arms were tested on the bending-braking bench with scales.
Video is a little bit long, in case you don’t want to watch it all, below are links to results of tests.
– 4 mm common Woven CF/ Uni-directional (UD) CF composite , with 0-90 degrees layers inside – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=891
– 4 mm Woven CF / UD CF composite with 0-45-90 degrees layers inside, quasi-isotropic properties – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=1104
– 4 mm Woven CF-Kevlar mix / UD CF composite, with 0-90 degrees – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=1227
– 4 mm “Forged” Chopped CF composite – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=1384
– 5 mm common Woven CF/ Uni-directional (UD) CF composite , with 0-90 degrees – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=1549
– 5 mm Fully Woven CF composite – https://youtu.be/-R6guFYo1hU?t=1710
Please, feel free to ask questions or share your thoughts.
More episodes with more tests of other arms are coming.
Thanks for watching and subscribe/ follow my work here on YT,
on Facebook www.facebook.com/crisscrossfpv/
Music Credits: LyFo – High