This is a Live time build walk through of the Mr Steele Alien 5″ freestyle quadcopter. From start to finish. :). Enjoy.
__ Build one yourself __
Mr Steele Alien BNF Kit – https://bit.ly/2DeCxG6
NEW ETHIX Gear!
– Neck Strap – https://bit.ly/2r9QhLp
– Goggle Strap – https://bit.ly/2BEuSjS
– FACEHUGGER GoPro Protection – https://bit.ly/2FNHNUA
– GoPro 5/6/7 Tempered Glass ND Filter – https://bit.ly/2FPMBsv
ETHiX is my brand and we are aiming to refine and simplify this amazing hobby. Please check us out – https://ethixltd.com
(Ethix Swag – https://bit.ly/2w6mNjO)
Mr Steele personal Amazon Shop.
Please Follow me
My Weekly PODCAST (CHECK IT OUT)
DJ Steve and Project Nick
_ Kwad Gear _
– Frame – https://bit.ly/2w6jFEA
– 6S motors – https://bit.ly/2nIlTGk
– 4S Motors – https://bit.ly/2KZehbz
– Replacement Silk Bell – https://bit.ly/2w6nlpS
– Replacement Stout Bell – https://bit.ly/2vO7SLC
– FC – https://bit.ly/2BbZ5IJ
– ESC – https://bit.ly/2Bj0g9o
– Props – https://bit.ly/2MSSPqE
– FPV Cam (camera tilt 25°) – https://bit.ly/2nJGwC9
– FPV Cam Lens – https://bit.ly/2MjRfSr
– Video transmitting antenna – https://bit.ly/2PgrcJS
– Video Transmitter 800mW – https://bit.ly/2vQnYo9
– 4S Battery – https://bit.ly/2MmPi7E
– 6S Battery – https://bit.ly/2KYECGR
– Old HD camera – https://bit.ly/2vJir2L
– Better HD camera – https://bit.ly/2PgtTLu
– Old cam Lens protector MUST HAVE! – https://amzn.to/2O9ehso
– New cam Lens protector MUST HAVE! – https://amzn.to/2NzQmkW
– ALL UP WEIGHT – 588g –
_ Packing Gear _
Back Pack – https://bit.ly/2vPRXN8
GoPro carry case – https://bit.ly/2waTigV
_ Radio Gear _
– Radio – https://bit.ly/2KXwSoL
– Radio Transmitter (long range) – https://bit.ly/2PglGqw
– Radio Receiver – https://bit.ly/2OE6NNK
_ Goggles _
– FPV Goggles- https://bit.ly/2Bj3Yj6
– FPV Goggles Receiver – https://bit.ly/2Bh4xdi
– FPV Receiving antenna (omni) – https://bit.ly/2w6lqla
– FPV Receiving antenna (patch) – https://bit.ly/2nI9Wk7
– Ear Bud (for Quad Audio) – https://bit.ly/2MALJdG
_ Battery Charging Setup _
– Charger- https://amzn.to/2nKx0Pe
– Power Supply – https://amzn.to/2MPLI2k
– Parallel Charging Board – https://bit.ly/2MiCDTw
– Battery Checker – https://bit.ly/2MqC611
_Stabilized Camera Drones_
– my go to Travel Drone – https://bit.ly/2Mgv0gh
– Extra battery – https://amzn.to/2ODY8e6
– Car charger – https://amzn.to/2uD25bp
– Carrying case – https://amzn.to/2Ldz4NL
– ND Filters – https://amzn.to/2LfPipr
_MAIN VLOG SETUP_
– Vlog cam – https://amzn.to/2NzJJis
– favorite lens -https://amzn.to/2ND5jmk
– expensive lens – https://amzn.to/2LsMiWe
– fluffy critter – https://amzn.to/2mCL9xo
– BEST Tripod – https://amzn.to/2LtplCk
– GoPro – https://amzn.to/2JKqpwN
– Chesty – https://amzn.to/2mzx7MJ
– Head Strap – https://amzn.to/2LhzX83
– SD card – https://amzn.to/2NDvRng
– Epic USB Charger – https://amzn.to/2mAhwwD
_ Editing Gear _
– Computer – https://amzn.to/2NExEZx
– Phone – https://amzn.to/2A1fFdP
– Storage Drive – https://amzn.to/2zYbteU
– Editing Program – https://amzn.to/2A1gvqZ
– Ear Phones – https://amzn.to/2LGg1rA
– dongle – https://amzn.to/2uKfcHG
_ Tools/parts _
– Prop Ratcheting Wrench – https://amzn.to/2O86evS
– Tool Kit – https://amzn.to/2LHvMyC
– Hex tool kit – https://amzn.to/2uGIBT5
– Field Soldering Iron (literally, best thing I have ever purchased)
– Soldering Iron Cable (need) – https://bit.ly/2MtqB8T
– Solder – https://amzn.to/2uJ89z3
– Electrical Tape – https://amzn.to/2mzWkqp
– Zipties – https://amzn.to/2JMfenn
– Heat Shrink -https://amzn.to/2uH96rP
– USB tuning cable – https://amzn.to/2vRJtVy
– USB field charger – https://amzn.to/2NEIfDR
– Velcro – https://amzn.to/2uWU0O9
Hope it was my quad being built, got 1 of 8 4s.
I built this quad with the original mr Steele pdb, after a hard crash it broke the pdb were the arms connects to the frame, good to see the v2 uses the same mounting method as the Reverb wolf pdb.
They should make port 2 on both the flight controller and the pdb plug end the same color and the port 1 on both the fc and the other plug in the opposite color, totally stupid proof.
Impulserc now have the new alien camera k plates that hold the runcam without the need of that alien back plate, would be cool to add those k plates to your kit.
How much for your doormat autographed?
Just a tip from someone who streams semi regularly.
You have enough cameras. Look into running OBS (streaming software) and enabling 2 cameras and allowing you to do much more than just raw stream from a device. (Software is free btw)
That way you can not only completely customize the layout of the stream. Also the availability to enable 2 camera angles so you can set up one cam like you did, and another for the close up soldering and components.
Easily set with the push of a key on your laptop. Just a suggestion. If you ever want help setting this up I could do it easily for you in a matter of minutes. Feel free to reach out to me if you’re interested 👍
Is this frame beginner friendly ie somewhat cash resistant trying to get a buddy into the hobby and I haven’t had any problems with mine but he’s wanting me to ask
The soldering iron is HAKKO FX888D I bought it just after it was released here in Japan and now I see it turn out to be very good choice. So many people started to use it all around the world cause it has very good quality/price ratio. It is not cheap but performs great and definitely worth this additional money compared to a basic ones.
Hey man, quick question: Where do you get those wrap straps?
Mr Steele. I win.
Great video. Helped a lot I’m building my first quad. What was the little screen you used for the video?
Definitely can’t start until you get a BORING company flame thrower to show your commitment.
When watching build videos I’ve noticed the common trend of cutting up props to protect the ESC’s. I don’t know who started the trend but I wish a company would design a nice looking cover for the ESC’s instead of having to destroy props old or new. Maybe this is something that can be added to the Ethix product line? Maybe offer them in different colors including the signature watermelon colors? Thank you for all the hard work that you put into this Hobby and putting out great videos!
sticky neoprene foam is from australia and they wont ship to US. this is the closest i found on amazon
Can I set this up with a spectrum receiver, would this be a good first freestyle quad? All I have flown is a AP drone
If I win this Sunday be super happy and this channel is best
Where can I get that “special” landing foam feet?
Steele, it is all worth it to do a great, awesome, stellar updated build video!
ETHIX mom approved😂😂😂😂
I love the rug on the workbench so you don’t lose screws
I want info on that solder vice I’d like to build one
HAHAHAHAHA! The ending is fucking classic!
Before watching this video I kinda already plugged in the wrong ports. Now my ESC’s aren’t lighting up and making a noise, I need new ESC’s now don’t I?…
Why don’t you run props out, Does that not help with 5” quads?
How would I go about adding a 1.3ghz VTX the has a voltage requirement of 12V.
Thats dope af 👌👌 100% would sell back my mavic pro for a few of your drones
i want one 🙁
Just a guestion. Is $395 a good price for a pre built Mr Steele alien?